…for making our move to Minnesota a success! Your support is appreciated as the event continues its transition to new ownership and management. If you attended, and have any suggestions or comments, please use the Contact Us form to e-mail one of our producers. To be informed of future events in the area, please Like us on Facebook. Thanks! -JP (webmaster)
- Steele County Times (8/14/2017)
- Fox 47 (8/13/2017)
- Owatonna People’s Press (8/12/2017)
- Post Bulletin (8/8/2017)
Photos from 2017
Aarrgghh, me hearties! A fyne welcome to all ye landlubbers and pirate patrons to the 4th installment of our celebration of all things nautical. Mind you, we will be presenting both the historical (buccaneer) world and the fantasy/fiction world of pirate characters and Caribbean lore. Our event (formerly held in Clear Lake, IA) is a “family fun fest” with lots of things to do for children and adults of all ages. There will be three stages of professional entertainment, strolling comedic characters & minstrels, an artisan merchants bazaar & thieves market, a food court with novelty drinks, games of skill, hands-on children’s activities, costume contests, tattoo contests, king & queen of the pirates contest, treasure hunts, outdoor museum encampments and folk craft demonstrations. Let’s make this an annual hoorah and keep it in the Minnesota part of our realm for years to come. -Capt. Billy Rogers
Media: Please see our press release.
August 12-13, 2017
11 a.m. to 6 p.m
Morehouse Park & Chalet
(Near downtown on School Street.)
$10 for adults ($15 for 2-day pass)
$5 for kids (5-15).
FREE PARKING! See this map for where you can park: Pirate Festival Parking Map
Weaponry Policy: Swords and other weaponry must be peace tied. Cannons must remain unloaded and will be inspected at the front gate.
Pet Policy: Well behaved pets on leashes (with a responsible owner cleaning up after them) should be okay, and we expect non foul-mouthed parrots are okay as well. We draw the line at any type of sea serpents or undead monkeys.
Costume Policy: Yes, please! Just keep it family friendly. There may be kids around. (That includes you, cosplayer who plans to come as a sexy Star Trek ensign.)
Outside Food & Drink Policy: Beyond special needs, please don’t. Our food and drink merchants need to make gas money so they can sail back home Sunday night. We reserve the right to confiscate and drink any rum you attempt to sneak in.
First time visiting the area? Be sure to drop by visitowatonna.org.
Adult libations (cold beer!) will be offered by Torey’s Restaurant & Bar.
Holiday Inn & Suites
2365 43rd Street NW
Owatonna, MN 55060
Contest / Treasure Hunt Sponsors
Special thanks to these area businesses for sponsoring our contests and treasure hunts:
- Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Que
- Godfather’s Pizza, Faribault
- Olivia’s Family Restaurant
- Taco Bell
Owatonna Today Appearance
Directions to Owatonna
From the Visit Owatonna website:
- From the Twin Cities (one hour): Take I-35 South about one hour. Take the Bridge St. Exit 41 to get to Downtown Owatonna. Turn left.
- From the Iowa border (45 minutes): Take I-35 North about 45 minutes. Take the Bridge St. Exit 41 to get to Downtown Owatonna. Turn right.
- From Sioux Falls, SD (3 hours 20 minutes): Take I-90 East (for 171 miles). Merge onto I-35 N via Exit 159B toward Minneapolis/St. Paul. Take the Bridge St. Exit 41 to get to Downtown Owatonna. Turn right,
- From La Crosse, WI (one hour 50 minutes): Take I-90 West to Rochester (for 57 miles). Merge onto US-52 N via exit 218 toward Rochester (for 10 miles). Merge onto US-14 W via Exit 56B toward Owatonna (stay on 14 for 37 miles). Take the US-218 S/County Hwy 48 S ramp toward Austin/Owatonna. Turn left onto Bixby Rd/Us-218 N. Bixby Rd becomes E Main St.